• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad deal from large manufacturer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmylafeva

In Oct. of '97 I bought a considerably expensive electronic audio device by a well-known manufacturer. The device I bought was a portable digital audio tape recorder that is advertised as "heavy duty" and is designed for indoor/outdoor use. It cost $1500. I have neither used it outside nor very often at all. Since that time I have had to have it repaired twice, once while under warranty and once after. The mechanical problem with this device has never completely disappeared, rather the repairs that were performed seemed to mask the problem, making it less pronounced for a period of time. I was told by the independant repair technician who performed the repair the second time, that though it was usable, it was not even completely repairable.
Well, needless to say, it is no longer under warranty. I have expressed my frustration, as well as sent my repair reciepts to the customer service department of this company and, of course, they can no longer help me.
I do realize that letting so much time go by is my own error. I'm now thinking about threatening to send out letters eloquently capturing my dissatisfied experience to trade magazines which may reach future buyers of this product (it's still on the market today). Can they take any legal action against me for slamming their product?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">