• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owning a firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

biff

I pled no contest to "Corrupting the moral of a minor", which is a misdemeanor of the first degree. This occurred in 1995, can I legally own a gun of any type? What must I do, if anything?

D

daveyo

What do you need a gun for? Do you hunt(animals)? Or do you need it to forcibly abduct young children to "morally corrupt them"? I see no reason for a gun for you and the courts probably think the same way. (Unless Dr. Kevorkian has prescribed one for you in which case I will personally supply the ammo as well!)

C

Carl

Biff, I am not aware of what the laws in your state may say about this. The best option would be to consult with an attorney. It is well worth the investment. As for my understanding of gun ownership laws in general, I would say yes you can legally purchase and own a firearm. But again, I am not in your state. Some states require a permit to purchase and or own a firearm. My state does not.

And forget about what Daveyo said. You were "convicted" and I presume you have done your time or paid your fine. It's over with. It's time to move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">