• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charging debit card late..help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wexy

I bought a phone from cingular wireless last week, paid $30 cash, and told them to put the rest on my check card...I guess their system was down, so they couldnt charge or authorize the card. They wrote down the number of the card, and i left. A week went by, and i assumed they had already charged my card, so i spent some more $$ on my card. Then i get a phone call today from the store saying they just charged it today and it was declined so i needed to pay it in cash now or bring the phone back, or my service would be suspended. I was pissed off about it and told them i'd bring back the phone, they then hung up, and next thing i knew my service was suspended. Can they legally do this? Is it legal to wait to charge a debit card for this long? Whats to stop them from holding it for a year, and then charging you? Any links to laws concerning this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Noah

racer72

The cell phone company did nothing wrong. You should have deducted the balance from your account at the time you purchased the phone and service. The point is the money you promised them is not there, it is your fault. They could legally have you charged with fraud. No links needed to answer your post, it is all common sense.

A

alax

hey racer--man, I posted a reply and it ended up in family law and now I can't even find the reply! see if you can!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">