• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They sent package to wrong address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elkrack

I made an order through a large mail order company and was informed by a represenitive of that company that they had shipped it to the wrong address. I was told that I could pick the package up at the address that it was sent to. I did not have time to do this. I contacted the company and told them I could not pick the item up and they credited my account immediately. Since then I have been contacted and told that the person to whom it was delivered has said that I have it. The company has said I am responsible for this $1500.00. Is this true and can they turn me to collections and affect my credit? They have no SS# for me but that is probably easy enough to get.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">