• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of a hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mickey-karen811

I'm wondering what to do in the following situation......
I let my brother use my parent's car and he got in a hit and run (hit a mail box). Now the cops are after me, but I don't want to turn him in because he's on probation and doesnt have a license. There are more details to the story that could be very helpful. If you think you have any advice, please I beg you to talk to me ASAP..

ALawyer

This is one that you must see a lawyer about real soon -- you are between a rock and a hard place.

You need a better answer than you would deny the hit and run charges and while it would be hard for them to prove the case of hit and run, you'd probably have to take the stand and testify you were not driving if it ever came to trial and then they'd ask you questions about who was driving. A local lawyer knows the police and how to get this behind all of you without getting in more serious trouble.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">