• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power Of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

In2Deep

I agreed to be co-medical POA and complete financial POA for my Grandmother. I live in the same state she does. My mother, however, lives in a different state and is co-medical POA. I want to be removed from this situation entirely due to the fact my mother hired a woman to stay with my Grandmother who has a criminal record, and she didn't tell me. This woman is now being pursued by the police, and my mother is trying to get new people to move into my Grandmother's. Do I need to go to the attorney who originally drew up the POA? Can a person who doesn't live in the same state be a POA for someone else? Thank you - I'm at wits end, and fear a major breakup of my extended family, but I need to protect my immediate family first and foremost.

D

dorenephilpot

The person who executed a POA can rescind it any time he or she wishes.

Or you can decline the powers anytime you want. No specific action is required by you.

However, if you want to write a letter to the folks involved, letting them know that you no longer wish to fulfill that role for them, that's not a bad idea.

That way they will have an opportunity to line someone else up for that task.

Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">