• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Doomflame

I was wondering if it is reasonable to ask the judge to drop a misdemeanor A charge or have an unconditional discharge, since either imprisonment or probation would be unecessary. Please repond. This is in NY and is a local court.

Another question: What would be the best thing to do in an aggravated harrasment 2nd degree situation? Here's a little background.
I was in jail for 6 months, during that time I talked to other inmates. Some with worse records than mine. I was also taking 40mg of Paxil, which can cloud the mind. Anyways, there was this one inmate that wrote something to the person that gave me the charge. No, the inmate was not a friend. Apparantly the inmate also scribbled some other things on the typed paper. I got a charge for it as soon as I got out of jail. I know who did it, but I don't think anyone would believe me. Should I tell the judge or my lawyer? I told my lawyer and he shrugs it off as an excuse.

They are offering me 6 months of weekend community service as a plea bargain. I can't afford to take it, but i don't want to go to trial, because I know how corrupt the system is. What should I do?

Thank you for any comment/suggestions that you can give.

ALawyer

It might be possible for a lawyer to present an informal case to the DA and/or probation department for you. They are the ones who make recommendations. I'd ask for an ACD if this is the first offense.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">