• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rjackson

A jealous boyfriend of my girlfriend has told her untruthfully that I have a history of committing assault. Apart from beating him up (joke)is there anything I can do about this?
I want him to admit that he is lying. Is a lawyer able to at least write him a letter of warning just on my say so?

R

Roger

I would suggest that you not turn a relationship problem into a legal problem. You might just possibly have a slander claim, but a lawyer's letter may just aggravate matters, but hey, a lawyer can send such a letter, but it won't be free.

C

Carl

Jackson, if she loves you, she will believe you. If she doesn't, and she believes her ex-bf, then why waste your time with her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">