• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicular assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ISonoYou

I have a friend who was convicted of vehicular assault, he has no prior convictions and was given the maxium the state of Ohio would allow which is 15months and 3 years drivers license suspesion. His attorney said that he would try after 30 days to get him out on "judicial release". My question is, what is that? And my other question is, is there any chance that his drivers license suspension will be reduced. Im sure its all dependent on the circumstances, but i wondered if there was some sort of protocol for that.

ALawyer

There may be sentencing guidelines in Ohio, in which case the lawyer may have an angle, or an in -- but I would not be concerned about the suspension as much as I would about reducing or eliminating jail time.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

I

ISonoYou

He is serving his time as we speak. I cannot find any information anywhere on "judicial release". From what i gather, its like probation for first time offenders. But there are are many theories on what it actually means. has anyone ever heard of this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">