• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dating ages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JandG

california

is it legal to date an 11 year old when you are 17?
is it legal to date a 12 year old when you are 18?

D

deefran

It is NOT legal in ANY state.
What the heck does a 17 or 18 year old see in an 11 or 12 year old????
The 18 year old would be charged as an adult as a pedophile and most likely so would the 17 year old.

JETX

JandG said:
california

is it legal to date an 11 year old when you are 17?
is it legal to date a 12 year old when you are 18?
Legal? Yes.
Ethical or Morally Correct? No.

However, if the 17 or 18 year old does anything more than talk and maybe hold hands, THEN you cross the line into the illegal issue. Depending on the actions taken, the older person could be charged with anything from statutory rape, to delinquency of a minor, to child endangerment, to sexual assault, to sex with a juvenile to pedophilia. All are serious felonies with major time and costs. Definitely NOT something that a mature, responsible 17 or 18 year old should even come close to being involved in.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Our writer is lying. The writer is listing California as the State of interest. We don't have anyone in this wonderful State who would even "think" of such a thing, let alone embark upon such stupidity.

The writer is actually writing from the Ozarks, from some run-down trailer park, who swills beer all day, and whose favorite phrase is "Squeal like a pig."

IAAL

G

Grandma B

Oh give me a home, where the BMWs roam, where the elitists and the yuppies are king!
Where no trailers dare park, during daylight or dark. Of sunny California I sing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">