• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shari J. R.

i have a 10 month old son who does not belong to my boyfriend. his biological father does not know for certain that steven is his, only through rumors. he made statements that when he got out of jail after serving his time for drug related charges, that he was coming to take steven from me and my boyfriend. my boyfriend signed the paternity papers and the birth certificate at the hospital. the biological father was not notified that steven was his and was not asked to sign off of his rights. how can i stop him from taking action against me and what are my rights? i live in pennsylvania.

E

erev46

Number one you can't stop your ex boyfriend from taking action. It is his choice and there is not much you can do about it.
The biological father has rights and he can go to court and request an investigation.
As far as who's name is on the birth certificate, that issue will be resolved in court if your ex takes action. I wouldn't think your in any jeapordy unless it is proven you did something fraudulent or with intent to de-fraud.
My best advice is to counsult an attorney, follow his/her counsel, and wait for your ex to make his move.
Don't assume you can achieve long term resolution without legal process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">