• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when will rights be returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikeky

I pleaded guilty to a felony this month and have heard that I my nolonger hunt or posses
a firearm is this true? my crime was a nonviolent crime and I had no proir record and was given an probated sentance. please help me out some one,,,mike in ky

ALawyer

Mike -- Your lawyer should have explained all the consequences of pleading guilty before you did so. If he did not, ask him or her now!

On the other hand, if the plea was a better alternative than a trial in which you would have probably been found guilty -- particularly of a more severe crime and gotten a likely stiffer sentence -- that's the price of the crime. Ask the probation / parole officer. Losing the right to have a firearm is a lot better than going to jail and losing the same rights.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

R

rug

i believe i already replied in another of your postings . . you must get your rights back through your governor, and depending on the crime, depends on how long it takes. For instance, here in Iowa, they will NOT do it in less than 2 years, if you were not in prison, they may do it in 5 years, and if you were in prison and had parole, they will not do it for 10 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">