• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a legal definiton

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AngieBrads

My husband is possibly being held on contempt of court for flagrant non support. In my state { Kentucky } I believe it's a class d felony. Could someone please tell me what that is and what are the penalties for this? We're not sure what he's being held on but since they appointed him a public defender it doesn't look good. Please help!

LegalBeagle

AngieBrads said:
My husband is possibly being held on contempt of court for flagrant non support. In my state { Kentucky } I believe it's a class d felony. Could someone please tell me what that is and what are the penalties for this? We're not sure what he's being held on but since they appointed him a public defender it doesn't look good. Please help!
Why doesn't he just pay the CS?

A

AngieBrads

He just went full time at his job on November 11th. He was arrested on November 12. He has made some payments since August but not the entire amount they wanted each month. I don't know why he didn't pay support before we got married. I didn't realize it was this bad. He has been paying on and off for the last two years. Our tax refund has been intercepted two years in a row now. Believe me, if he gets out of jail this time, that support will be paid if nothing else is paid. I don't care if I have to go without food or clothing. It will be paid. We have both talked about it. If it keeps him out of jail, it will be done.

G

Grandma B

This man adopted and supports your child, but doesn't pay support for his bio children?

A

AngieBrads

Allow me to clarify something here. Yes, my husband adopted my 2 year old. In October 2001. I would not allow my husband to provide anything for this child. With the exception of child support that I received for almost a year, I was the child's only source of support. I felt if my husband was having problems paying all of his support for his own children then he shouldn't take care of mine. I am a firm believer in child support and stand firm on the issue that his bio kids came first. Believe me or not that's how it went here. And now, how it continues to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">