• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new car blues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sk2dth

My name is Stacy and I already know I have been stupid. I purchased a new (Demo) car yesterday and feel after checking around that I have paid way too much for this car.
Is there any kind of cooling off law for this type of purchase? I was at a dealership in the state of GA. If there is such a law I know I need to act quickly so please respond only if you have any useful info. Thank-you

Word to anyone else out there thinking of purchasing a new car: don't wait until the last day of special offers(i.e. special financing) at the end of close to try and make a good deal DON'T be in a hurry

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sk2dth said:
My name is Stacy and I already know I have been stupid. I purchased a new (Demo) car yesterday and feel after checking around that I have paid way too much for this car.
Is there any kind of cooling off law for this type of purchase? I was at a dealership in the state of GA. If there is such a law I know I need to act quickly so please respond only if you have any useful info. Thank-you

Word to anyone else out there thinking of purchasing a new car: don't wait until the last day of special offers(i.e. special financing) at the end of close to try and make a good deal DON'T be in a hurry
My response:

No, there is no "cooling off" period for automobile purchases. You're thinking of "Home Solicitation" contracts.

You should have done your price shopping first, rather than later. Now, you're stuck.

IAAL

S

sk2dth

Thank-you and that is what I concluded I was just hoping there was some sort of loop-hole. The total price after everything is added not financing as it is 0% is almost twice as much as the book value. I realize I should have shopped first, but really had no idea what kind of vechicle I would be looking at. well I did know what make dealer I was going to. and seeing as how I found this site on the internet, I guess I could have been way more educated on any of their makes.

Once again thank-you and buyer beware.

vrzirn

Possibly you are in error about the financing. 0% usually means nothing APR or above prime rate. You pay financing at prime rate.

A

avengers

buyer beware

to stacy? Can you go to the seller and try to trade for another car and get them to take this one off your hands? Just a thought.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">