• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Procedures.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fryer2

Hello,

My name is Ben and recently i was arrested for DUI. After agreeing to take the roadside sobriety test and blowing over the legal limit I was taken to the police station for a more accurate test. While I was gone the police searched my girlfriends purse (after she consented) and the pasenger side floor of my car (which I didnt consent to) does the fact that I blew over the limit on a roadside test allow the officers to search my girlfriend or my car? Additionally after being ticketed the date for which I am to appear in court is listed as 1/10/99. Does the fact that the ticket was dated wrong give me an legal recourse?

ALawyer

The wrong date -- get real 99 v. 00, any judge wuld laugh.

The girlfriend consented, so there is no abuse.

Unless the search of the car turned up evidence (which you might be able to try to surpress) it makes little legal difference.
Stop blaming the police and accept the responsibilty for your actions (driving under the influence. That's stupid.)

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">