• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jajamase

From Iowa. I started an LLC over a year ago. It is a building services company. I primarily clean and or maintain commercial apartments for local and out of state owners and/or property management companies. One such out of state company is my former employer with whom I have a small monthly cleaning contract. I also turn clean apartments for them on a regular basis. This corporation is based in Indiana but they have three communities in this area and I have done work for them on all three properties. Two of their properties always pay on time but the third is now five months in arrears. My question is this, other than small claims court is there any way I can force them to pay what is owed to me? I know they will pay eventually but I'm tired of carrying them. I have called their corporate office but cannot get any satisfaction. I am talking about $2000 MOL. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any and all responses.

James

PS All my service invoices are delivered to the manager upon completion of the job. Every invoice states terms as Payable upon reicept. Thanks again.

Last edited:

L

loku

You are entitled to be paid according to the terms of your agreement; therefore, you would have a right to sue them in small claims as you know.

There is no other way to collect this other than to refuse any more service unless they start paying on time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">