• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SANDHOG

I WAS PULLED OVER BECAUSE i WAS SEEN LEAVING A HOUSE BEING WATCHED FOR DRUGS. i WAS PICKING UP HEROIN FOR MY WIFE, WHO IS AN ADDICT. I HAD 20 "BAGS" ON ME. THEY DID NOT ARREST ME BECAUSE THEY WANT TO USE ME TO BUST THE DEALER. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I HAVE NO RECORD? IM AFRAID THEY WILL PUT ME IN JAIL IF I DONT COOPERATE! I DO NOT USE.....

D

Doomflame

You need to do two things. One: Make sure that the police have it in writing that they can't arrest you for it and/or for helping them bust the dealer. Second: You should help them bust the dealer. They will most likely leave you alone after that. Make sure you have the legal document in writing first.

R

rjackson

The first thing you must do is hit <Caps Lock>. Then sit in wonderment at the lucky break you have been dealt. You can bust the dealer and get your wife off smack. The police are helping you. They are providing you with a reason to "grass" on the dealer. If you care about your wife you can use the situation to confront her addiction. Your freedom and your wife's life are worth more than the dealer's freedom. But yeah it would be nice to get immunity in writing from the police. But keep in mind that they may not trust you sufficiently to give you that in writing. You may have to trust them a little.

C

Christel

I was caught in my backyard with a pound of weed on me all wrapped tight and nice, not arrested but summons to appear in court for a charge of drug abuse. Have no idea why is wasn't a charge of poss. of drug's, but when I finally appeared in court the prosecuting attorney offered me a deal of Disorderly conduct, $100.00 bond revoction, and no conviction. They didn't know I had an attorney cause he was exteremly late to my hearing....but he took the deal for me and I walked. Of course I was out what I paid the attorney and he never did anything for me, but it was my first offense that might be why I got a great deal. You may be offered a good deal also. Best wishes and Good luck!!
Always get anything and or everything in writing can't trust anyone these days!! It's a shame but not even a person of the law, I know from experience.

[This message has been edited by Christel (edited January 09, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">