• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

license suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danhar

I live in Wash. St. I received a D.U.I., I am 19 years old. It is mandetory to loose your license for at least 90 day, up to one year.. My question is,{ I have to have my license in order to keep my job} Is there anything I can do to not get fired?? Can I somehow keep my license and pay a stiffer fine?? Without my job I can't pay my rent or insurance or anything else. I know I did wrong, and I'm not contesting that. But I need to keep my job. Can the judge suspend my license knowing I will then not have any means of support? Thanks for any reply

C

Christel

I know here in Ohio when your license are suspended you are allowed to apply for a special condition's thing. It's where you would be allowed to drive only during the hours specified on an offical work schedule from your employer, check with your local BMV to see if they offer that and if you are eligible to apply for it. My aunt was arrested for a DUI and recieved suspended license for a year and costly fines but was allowed to drive her kids to and from school....so I suggest you look into that with your BMV. Good Luck!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Christel (edited January 09, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">