• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to appear in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jscal

I was pulled over in my vehicle for inspection sticker and when they ran my license it said there was a warrant for my arrest and it said failure to appear in court. I never got a summons and no contact was made with me. I got arrested 1/7/00 and the accusation was 11/97. Someone called my mother and left a message saying I needed to call the DA, but my lawyer told me not to respond because it was just a way for them to get me to say something over the phone and he said not to worry about it because the only way they could talk to me or bring me to court was to summons me and they never did. there isn't even an officer listed on the warrant. The arresting officer was even puzzled. Could they really have a warrant for me for failure to appear when I never even got summonsed?

C

Christel

You can check to see if you have an active warrant with your clerk of courts. If I knew what city and state you are from I could give you a site that you could go to and check to see if you have a warrant. You might be able to figure it out....look I live in Columbus, Ohio to check for active warrants or open court cases I go to this site it's for my county WWW.fcmcclerk.com
It stands for Franklin County Municipal Court Clerk.....Take Franklin off of my county add your county and you should be able to access a site that will allow you to check court records closed or open case's, it's all public access. I hope this can help you! If you have a warrant it will tell you on your computer screen. Best Wishes and Good Luck!!

P.S. They can issue a warrant for failure to appear in court, but you can also ask the court to show you prove that someone served you with a summons!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Christel (edited January 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Christel (edited January 09, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">