• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any kind of recourse...company breaking contract with me for services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PurpleDragoness

I am in Nebraska.

On Nov 9th a company came to our house to "sell" us windows. We did measurements...came up with a price...I agreed with it. Then they called us in for pre-approval for a loan. He told us we WERE pre-approved. So we went to the work of setting up the contract...getting things they needed to write up the loan papers, etc. We were given the interest rate, the payment amount as well. (all in all the guy was here for over 3 hours) We were also given a paper if we wanted to cancel, which MUST be post marked by midnight on Nov 14th.

On the morning of Nov 14th a guy came out and got EXACT measurements for our windows...as they will have to be custom made. He seemed a bit surprised at the amount of work it was going to take. (we are lowering two windows 3 inches to make them legal daylight windows for the basement...all things the FIRST GUY was AWARE OF and in agreement with...it is even stated IN the contract). He told me he thought it would be 3 weeks, and then my windows would be installed.

Well, today in the mail, I got a letter from the headquarters, in CA, dated Nov 14 ON the letter, but POSTMARKED Nov 15th.

It stated they can NOT get financing for our windows, and thus will not be installing them.

HELLO? How did we go from pre-approved to NOT approved at all? Do I have ANY recourse here?

It was a 90 days until first payment due...would be paying interest for those 90 days.

We had intended to pay them off with our tax return when we got in anyway....and actually had INTENDED to wait until spring when we would HAVE the cash...but they they pre-approved us...

Edit***we just found a part on the written work order...describing EXACTLY what would be done...stating this is pending credit approval. We had filled that out, then the application for the loan.

He called it in...15 minutes later we got a call. He hung up with them and said to me "Your approved, you got pre-approval".

Then we sat down and filled out and signed the loan agreement with payment, intrest and all...

Last edited:

P

PurpleDragoness

Well, I guess since no one is answering me...I am just out of luck...

Errrr....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">