• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online job search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Ferguson2

State: Texas

Good Day,

I signed up just over 3 months ago for an online career service that claimed to send resumes to 1500 or so employers in the oil industry. The guarantee on the web site was that if employment had not been secured after 90 days, I could get my $197 subscription fee back. After I had signed up, I continued to receive solicitations telling me to sign up, even though I had already paid and was supposedly already a member, which indicated to me that I was not getting my money's worth.

I e-mailed them a few days before the end of the 90-day period (which was 05 Nov), asking for my refund, and got no response. Since then I have e-mailed twice, and faxed them (they so not take telephone correspondence) asking for my money back. None of this has met with any response. I am sure they have no intention of refunding my money, but what methods could I employ (or threaten to employ) to encourage them to pay? Given the small amount of the claim, would small claims court be my only option? If so, how would I go about suing the organization and what would be my chances of getting my money back? The holding company is based in Canada and I lived in Houston at the time.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

MARK FERGUSON

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">