• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto contract liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

avengers

KIM - State of Florida. I got pre approved at the credit union- did not know the amount I was approved for but I knew the interest rate. I went to the dealer to buy a used car. I told them that I was already approved for a certain interest rate. It was after regular business hours for the credit union. I told the dealer that I did not think I could get the car that night because the credit union was closed already and we would have to wait to talk to the credit union again. The finance guy at the dealer said "no that's not a problem, he deals with all the credit unions and he can run it through- just like if we got in touch with the credit union lender". I signed all papers, including tag application, put no money down, took the car and left thinking all was approved and I was fine. About two weeks goes by and the dealer calls back. Says there is a problem and the C.U. won't approve for the length of the contract nor for the amount. I need to put $1700 down and the term changes from 60 months to 36 months. Apparently the car was a little more than I was approved for. I want the car. Unfortunately(?) I have not made any major changes since I bought it. I have not modified it, bought accessories for it or sold my other old car, although the dealer does not know this. Do we have a valid contract? Can I hold the dealer to anything? What can I do? Thanks very much.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">