• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

As my former wife refused to allow modification of a no contact order to no violent contact (and because I don't trust her to make false domestic violence accusations again) the criminal court judge
signed an order allowing supervised exchange of our daughter at the guardhouse of my ex's gated development. The arrangment has been free of incidents for about six weeks, every Wednesday night and alternate weekends. Now, the property owners association and the security company have sent a letter asking us to discontinue the practice. This arrangement was the idea of the ex and her parents who own the home in the development.
My preference would have been through the county Family Connections office, however that supervised exchange limits me to only the weekend slots.

My ex does not want to travel to the courthouse twice every other weekend (it's about the same distance as I travel now, around 45 minutes) and is desperate to get around the POA and security and her lawyer requested that I attempt to gain access to the property last evening to make the exchange in the vicinity.
He felt the security could not deny my access if the resident gave permission when I arrived. They did. I ended up calling the Sheriff, waiting over an hour to finally get my child and waiting another 45 minutes on the return to get her back to her mom.

Does the POA have the right to bar me from the property without cause? Do I have cause for action against them? I know my former father in law is furious at the POA and also sits on the board but he obviously is having no luck in that position either.
He was almost arrested last night for screaming at the security guards in presence of the Sheriff. (that would have been a shame).

Unless they get this straigtened out I plan on going back to the judge and insisting on exchange through the county. I hate to lose the weekday visits but my daughter and I both agreed last night that sitting there waiting for the sheriff and the nonsense is
ridiculous.

G

Grandma B

I can't believe their security's action. We simply let our guards know ahead of time when a guest will be coming, or if they arrive unexpectedly, the guards call to ask if they should admit them. Seems unimaginable that they're limiting entrance when the resident okays admission. Why can't she just bring your daughter to the guard station? That couldn't be much of a drive.

I don't know how you stand all that crap! BTW, how's your blood pressure?

You have a great Thanksgiving and try to forget for a day;)

jyoung

Thanks Grandma, I made the suggestion to her lawyer last week that if she were to get off her ass and meet me there instead of concerning the guards with a twenty minute wait each time there would be less concern on their part, if it's not convenient for her its not gonna happen....until she starts losing some rights she's taken for granted.

I did enjoy two days of thanksgiving and I hope you did too. The rest of the weekend is to be spent writing up another addition to my petition to custody. I just filed for a continuance for the upcoming trial, hearing is Friday. Besides the bullcrap trying to make the exchanges, the ex again denied visitation last week and my daughter missed a trip to Orlando with us so I filed another contempt motion, her attorney ignored my Request for Production (she filed for modification of CS and didn't include her recent tax returns or income, so I filed a motion to dismiss; they are ignoring a court order to participate in psychological counseling for the child and all this is being done two weeks before a trial date? She's either getting real bad advice or more likely is ignoring the advice of her attorney. Maybe she figures she can fire him and get another one again?
All I know is she acted very unusual and was out of line during mine and my fiancee's depo last week and her own lawyer had to literally berate her in front of us several times to get her to behave when I stood up and said I was leaving if she didn't stop laughing at our answers....can't wait for that transcript because even the court reporter told people we know after the depo how
bad she felt for me....stay tuned

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">