• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JayMJohnson

we live in texas. i signed a contract for my son, 10yrs old, to play for a hockey organization. paid 800 dollars. decided not to play for them. asked for money back. no refund. contract does say nonrefundablehowever the contract starts off with 'we(player and parent), the undersigned, do hereby agree: at the bottom there is a line for my 10 yr old to sign and date.it states 'player signature'. my son did not sign or date. only my signature is on a line for 'parent signature'. the 3rd line is a rep. for the hockey assoc. is this a legal valid contract since my 10 yr old did not sign on his line. thank you. jay johnson

HomeGuru

The contract is binding since you and the rep for the Hockey Association signed it.
If only your son signed the contract and not you, you would have a claim because a minor's signature on this type of contract is unenforceable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">