• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Rights Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thebear

i am a law abiding citizen from pennsylvania and had a bad experience this past tuesday. it was my day off and i enjoy the horse races i stopped at a local news stand and bought a program for the current days races. i was on my way to the race track and stopped at a local tavern to see if any of my buddies would like to go. i sat down to wait for them. i wasn't there 10 minutes and DEA officers ran in with guns drawn. there were 4 of us there. Three of us over 50 years old. they searched us all and found nothing. they asked me to empty my pockets, which i did. when i put my wallet up on the bar one of the officers picked it up and started taking everything out. when he got to my money he asked another officer (he appeared to be the one in charge) what should i do with his money? the other officer said "take it". i asked, "why", his reply was that i had the horse racing program out on the bar. i asked how do i get my money back he said "get a lawyer" i sat there as they told us one by one to leave. i was the third one they release. no drugs were found no one was arrested, but they took our money. it was only $344.00 from me, certainly not enough to hire a lawyer for. but it just doesn't seem right, i feel like i was robbed at gun point by law enforsement officers. i was in a public place and they just came in, went through my wallet, took my money and sent me on my way. oh yes, they were nice enough to give me a receipt. i guess my question is, "is this how our laws work?" the biggest crime i ever did was to feed the wild birds popcorn on a public street.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">