• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract with 2 different people

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccarter

This is kind of a complicated situation...but here goes. My mother purchased a business (a small bar) and has a contract with the owner that has not been fufilled. She recently decided she wanted to sell the bar and made a contract with someone else to finish paying off the bar and to pay her a said amount. The person with whom she has the second contract with is frequently late with his payments and has not taken the proper steps to transfer the necessary paperwork into his name. The bar has since been shut down by the city council and what I am wondering is how do I know if she can legally go back in and take back over the bar.
This is in the state of Missouri, and the contract has not been notarized, filed with anyone, (that I know of), but it does not stipulate what action would be taken if payments were not recieved on time. She is interested in taking back over the business, but is not sure of her legal rights. We would like to get a lawyer, for this and another lawsuit she has pending against a bank, but we have no money to put up front.

JETX

With the number of "who-did's" and "who-didn'ts", the facts of this case are far too clouded for any responsible answer on this forum. I strongly suggest that you take all the paperwork that you have (both 'contracts') to a local attorney and have him look at them. That is the ONLY way that you will get a solid answer. Spend the small amount needed for an attorney to review the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">