• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUIs over 10 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sdmurr

Hello,

I'm here trying to help my brother in law......While mourning the death of his wife of 6 weeks, my brother in law received 2 DUIs fairly close together. This was over 10 years ago in Northern California. He didn't defend himself very well because he didn't care at the time.......The 2 DUIs were in 2 different cities so 2 different judges charged him....He served his sentence and was required to attend treatment classes by each of the judges......He never did and just gave us driving. Now he's finally ready to get on with his life and wants his driver license back.....
WE have no idea how to proceed......Would his DMV record be cleared by now? Any advise?

Sheryl

H

Humble Warrior

Yes...after 7 years your treated as if you have no previous convictions of your record

M

Mr_Intoxicated

No, No, No, No. Your gonna have to show the DMV proof of completion of what ever it was that the judge ordered him to do so. And the DMV may also want him to complete a track program.

Upon everything being satisfactory to the DMV, he'll then ofcourse have to re-take the written tests.

Its not like, just because he didn't wanna drive, he's just gonna wash his hands clean from it and the DMV is just hand him over a brand new crisp drivers license. I think not.

If you ask me, its rather foolish he didn't complete any of those treament classes like he was so ordered to do, because now, he's just gonna be waiting even longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">