• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co-signer new car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbie greenia

My sister recently co-signed for a new car for her daughters fiance. Unfortunatley, they recently split up and she's found out the payments on the car are now 2 months behind. How can she get her name off as a co-signer:confused: She doesn't want the car and she can not afford another monthly payment besides her own at this time. She doesn't want the car to get repoed because she belives it will go against her credit and not his. Is this true? How could she possibly work this out and still be in good standing with the bank? She has tried talking to the owner but the payments are still behind and believes the same for the insurance coverage. Please help if you can. Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

debbie greenia said:
My sister recently co-signed for a new car for her daughters fiance. Unfortunatley, they recently split up and she's found out the payments on the car are now 2 months behind. How can she get her name off as a co-signer:confused: She doesn't want the car and she can not afford another monthly payment besides her own at this time. She doesn't want the car to get repoed because she belives it will go against her credit and not his. Is this true? How could she possibly work this out and still be in good standing with the bank? She has tried talking to the owner but the payments are still behind and believes the same for the insurance coverage. Please help if you can. Thank you

My response:

Please go to the top of the page and click on:

". . . easily search over 155,000 previously posted questions and answers. ****

Type in "co-sign" or "co-signer". Read the previous posts and responses.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">