• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation seems to never end

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Humble Warrior

:mad: I got a D.U.I. in 1997(no accident,no citations). A year later I went to court and was given 2yrs probation,and 45 days house arrest,and 90 hours community service and fines.
I have completed all of the above. I did it in my first six months of probation. Now my P.O. comes to my house,and searches it from top to bottom...every cabinette,every drawer,every sock in my clothes hamper. He does this at least twice a month,and sometimes more.
I never know when he is coming,he has walked in my house while I"m asleep,having sex,and in my shower.After I completed 1yr.& 10 months,he kicked my door in,and arrested me for having three cans of beer in my fridge.
I got 6 months in jail,and my entire probation of two years to do all over again,phycological exams,counciling for alcohol abuse,and something else....I dont remember what.
It turns out,I spent 46 more days in jail than I was supposed to....my P.O. dis-obeyed the judge and refused to sign my release order.The judge herself, called the jail and got me out.
Then he violated me for having a decorative sword in my living room.....he decided after seeing it every week for two years, that it was a weapon,and locked me up again.
This time I was in jail for 54 days,and got my entire two years again!!! And I got 6 months of house arrest(electronically monitored).
Now next friday is my last day of house arrest.....he is not taking me off of it,if I dont pay $600 in monitoring fee's by then,and he said he is keeping me on house arrest no matter what my sentence was,if I dont pay.
I am not obligated to pay it, I am a full time student,and I am on workmans compensation from my job. I am 100% disabled.
Not only is he refusing to release me from house arrest,he is refusing to release me from probation period. I have exceded my 1/2 date three times now,all my fines costs and classes and counciling,and community service have been completed for three years now. They have no reason to keep me,other than sheer spite.
Where do I stand here? The system here in Harrisburg,Pa., is so corrupted, it is totally out of control. The judges,and lawyers here ADMIT that it is out of control,yet do nothing.

F

FKNA

That sucks dude. Seems like someone needs to clean up your state.

I have a question for you. After reading your post, it appears to me that you were NOT under house arrest at the time you were arrested for having booze in the fridge....is that correct? If so, was it a condition of your probation that you could NOT have any alcohol at any time?

Hope the nightmare ends for you.

H

Humble Warrior

FKNA said:
That sucks dude. Seems like someone needs to clean up your state.

I have a question for you. After reading your post, it appears to me that you were NOT under house arrest at the time you were arrested for having booze in the fridge....is that correct? If so, was it a condition of your probation that you could NOT have any alcohol at any time?

Hope the nightmare ends for you.
No I wasn't under house arrest then. I had 22 of 24 months of probation completed and he kicked in my door and saw the three beers in my fridge,and arrested me. And YES...No alcohol was a condition of probation.
Even considering that,I cant see locking me up for 6 months for NOT committing a crime,and NOT bothering anyone. My cell-mate was in for three counts of assulting an officer,two counts of murder,and Grand theft auto......I was in for having a beer in my fridge.Am I the only one who sees a problem there?

F

FKNA

Based on the information you have given thus far, sounds like you have a good civil suit case. It appears that "false arrest/imprisonment" can be proven. And for the real bucks, the punitive damages, also sounds as though "malice" can be proven.

I strongly suggest that you start interview civil attorneys, telling them your story to see where you stand. And if you have a really strong case, I would imagine you could find one to take it on pro bono

H

Humble Warrior

FKNA said:
Based on the information you have given thus far, sounds like you have a good civil suit case. It appears that "false arrest/imprisonment" can be proven. And for the real bucks, the punitive damages, also sounds as though "malice" can be proven.

I strongly suggest that you start interview civil attorneys, telling them your story to see where you stand. And if you have a really strong case, I would imagine you could find one to take it on pro bono
I tried that angle already,and after about 50 calls to attornies,ONE called me back. He told me that he works in the same office as the prosecutor,(he has a private office too),and he said that I have one hell of a case.......but I would need to get the judge to testify in court against her own probation department,and that will never happen,because it is the judges fault.
Basically the judges have given so much leash to the hounds,that they would have to admit they were wrong in order to real them back in,and that will NEVER happen. He said I'd never get a judge to admit he/she was wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">