• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI to Drunk in public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drwdg

(what if...) I was driving, grossly drunk and pulled over by the police. As soon as i was pulled over, i step out of my car down a flask of some liquor. I fail every single test given to me and i get taken to the station. Would i either get a drunk in public offense or a DUI? The cop has no idea of the alcohol concentration of what i drank. Would they still give me a blood test at the station even though i failed the breathalizer? Just a situation my friends and i have pondered from time to time.

H

Humble Warrior

They would give you both tests......one to prove you drunk and detainable on the highway. Then the blood test to determine concentration. They can calculate to with-in minutes the last time you had a drink prior to your arrest by this level.Then charge you with DUI,Public drunk,public consumption,disorderly conduct,lewd lascivious behavior,misconduct,and whatever else crosses there feeble minds.

F

FKNA

And if you refuse to take any of their tests, they will still charge you with DUI.

D

drwdg

what the...

what the...hmmmm...so in other words, if im driving, and im drunk...and i get pulled over, im SOL, back to the drawing boards...

H

Humble Warrior

FKNA said:
And if you refuse to take any of their tests, they will still charge you with DUI.
Read the back of your drivers license. If you refuse,you are auotmatically admitting guilt,and you will be further sanctioned for the refusal. The law is set up so that your are screwed no matter how you cut it.

D

drwdg

nope, nothing on my drivers license about DUI's(VA), but thanks for the help...i will inform my friends on how getting drunk in front of the cop wont get us out of the jam...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">