• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will be arrested tomorrow morning, please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tessa

I forged college transcripts in order to help my husband get a job and got caught. I have to submit myself to the NC authorities tomorrow morning. I know that this is just a misdemeanor (class 1 in NC), but I'm terrified. I've never been in trouble before. Can someone tell me if, when I'm arrested, I'll be able to post bail immediately, or if I'm actually going to have to spend a few hours - or maybe even overnight - in jail? If I'll go to jail first, can someone tell me what to expect? What are they going to do to me? Does NC have a pre-trial intervention program? How does it work? How much money should I have accessable for a bond? Please help, I haven't slept in days. I knew it was wrong, but we were desperate. He'd been without a job for months. I know this doesn't excuse what I did, but I'm so scared. Please help!

ALawyer

Tessa -- GET A LAWYER IN NC NOW!!!!!! SUNDAY! Before you go to court. Only a lawyer in your state and area can help. The lawyer will ask for a retainer up-front -- so be prepared, and if needed, get your family to help out. Forgery can be a very serious felony charge.

This is first aid -- If you go to court immediately ask to have a lawyer appointed if you truly can not afford one. Admit NOTHING. Make no statements to the police or court OR ANYONE BUT YOUR LAWYER about the circumstances or the criminal acts charged except "not guilty". Don't try to explain them away or use poverty as a justification. The admissions can kill you later.

It is far easier for a lawyer to try to get charges reduced or dropped or ACD-ed early, or work out a plea bargain, before the prosecutors have a lot of time, effort and ego "invested" in the matter. Perhaps charges could be lowered to a misdeameanor that won't impact your future. And having a lawyer influences many judges to concluding that bail can safely be kept low.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

T

Tara Gashinercrack

Expect the worst! Have you ever engaged in lesbian sex? If not, you're in for a real treat! You might even like it so much, you may never want to leave! Meantime, hubby without a job, will probably be doing your little sister on a regular basis.
P.S. Have you ever masturbated with a thermos or softball bat? (If so, please send pics!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">