• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prayer for Judgement??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarge25

I'm wondering what a prayer for judgement is, and if one could be used or would be usefull if granted in a DUI/DWI case.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sarge25 said:
I'm wondering what a prayer for judgement is, and if one could be used or would be usefull if granted in a DUI/DWI case.

My response:

Sure. Most DUI trials end with a prayer for judgment; usually before the jury begins deliberations. Such prayers are best stated as :

"Oh God, great and merciful benefactor of my soul - - please deliver me from this state of tragic events, and deliver me from these wrongdoers who would pass judgment upon me. I beseach you, Oh Lord, to smite and strike down this judge, and all 12 jurors (and the two Alternates), who would seek to imprison Your child, and to set me free in your everlasting light. Amen."

OR

"Oh my God, relying on your infinite goodness and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of your grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen."

OR

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedez Benz. My friends all drive Porsches - - I must make amends. I worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends. So, oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedez Benz."

How's them for "prayers for judgment" ?

Hey, they've always worked for me !

IAAL

Last edited:
F

FKNA

IAAL, good one. Didn't think you had it in ya. Humor is always good for the soul. :)

PRAYER FOR JUDGEMENT: Not a conviction. If an offense is committed within a 3-year period of time, the case will be reactivated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FKNA said:
IAAL, good one. Didn't think you had it in ya. Humor is always good for the soul. :)

My response:

I'm so, gosh-darned, thrilled to death that you approve of my humor, FKNA. I cherish your opinion - - much like the excrement I flush down toilets.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">