• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want Out of Auto Cosignee Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mary D. Carter

I reluctantly co-sign with my Grandson to purchase a Automobile. Two years later, his license has been suspended for two years. I suggested he sell his car instead of making payments while not being able to drive it. But he refuse and insist on making payments. Thats fine with me. But I was hoping after two years as a co-signee, I could be legally removed from that Contract and its responsibilities. I've scan the internet for free legal advice, but to no avail. Can someone out there who has had that same expeirence help me?

Mary D.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mary D. Carter said:
I reluctantly co-sign with my Grandson to purchase a Automobile. Two years later, his license has been suspended for two years. I suggested he sell his car instead of making payments while not being able to drive it. But he refuse and insist on making payments. Thats fine with me. But I was hoping after two years as a co-signee, I could be legally removed from that Contract and its responsibilities. I've scan the internet for free legal advice, but to no avail. Can someone out there who has had that same expeirence help me?

Mary D.
My response:

Sorry, but the long and short of this whole matter is that you're stuck for the life of the loan. This, of course, presumes that he is unwilling and/or unable to refinance the vehicle loan to get a new loan in his name, only.

IAAL

M

Mary D. Carter

I am always liable

Tlhank you for your reply. I was afraid of such a matter, but I assumed that after two years with no delinquencies, the primary signature would prevail. Again Thanks....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">