• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littlejohn

my wife and i, in colorado, recently bought a used 4x4 s.u.v. we took it to a local auto dealer for a safety inspection (cost about $100) and received a detailed list of faults with the vehicle (which amounted to a brake job and a tune-up). other than that, it got a clean bill of health.

after buying the vehicle, its become clear there is something wrong with the 4 wheel drive and we'll need to take it to a dealer. is there an argument that since we bought the vehicle based on the inspection (which pointed out some flaws but missed the problem with the 4 wheel drive) that we can recover some costs from the bad inspection?

N

No lo gonna go

that's funny.

not unless you have a warranty or agreement with the seller (or the person who did the inspection) that specifically states so.

cracks me up ...people always looking for someone else to pay for all the "wrongs" they are confronted with in life. ****ing idiot. (you know?)

L

littlejohn

No lo gonna go

you must either be a mechanic who's made some bum inspections or a forum-troll... LOL

the thing is, you rely on someone for their 'expert' advice, you expect their advice to be accurate and catch a flaw that should be obvious to another mechanic.

certainly with house inspectors its common to recover some costs (at least the house inspection costs) if your so-called expert gives you a bum inspection.

and we did get the cost of the inspection refunded...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">