• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car bought on eBay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tpettit

I live in Minnesota, and I recently bought a car on ebay. According to the seller and the add on ebay, the car had a clean title. When I recieved the title from the seller, who is is Deleware, he had taken white out and crossed off his name and put in my information on the title. I then found out that he had just recently purchased the car and was now trying to sell it without registering it in his name or paying taxes. Now I have a car that has a void title. I have contacted the seller and he said that he sold the car as is and that it is my problem to deal with. Now I have a car I can't drive or sell because I can't title or liscence it, and I'm out my money. Is there anything I can do? All the help I get will be greatly apperciated.

T

tpettit

IAAL, you seem to have advice for almost everything, isn't there anything you can tell me? I am just looking for a little guidance. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tpettit

A

alax

IAAL has referred others to the home page where previous questions like this have been asked and to the 155,000 previous questions--both mentioned in the forum header.

Another suggestion is, since you have the car (which alot of internet buyers don't even get) and the title (even though it's had white-out applied), and your bill of sales, call your state's department that handles vehicle titles. Your local vehicle tag and, or registration office can give you the state department's name and number if you don't know it. The state department can assist you in preparing a new title.

F

FKNA

IAAL.....some fantasy world you live in. Use an alias to pose a question.....use another alias to respond.....then later, come in as IAAL. Oh well, whatever rocks your world.

A

alax

FKNA and IAAL

FKNA: I have never been so honored and flattered in recently history! Thank you for the compliment!!

IAAL: please let them stay long enough for me to thank them! I hope you weren't too insulted! Would it help if you knew I have red hair?

F

FKNA

IAAL....can't handle the truth I see. Anyone with half a brain that reads several of these threads know you do it. You create so many different alias it's pitiful. To each his own I suppose.

N

No lo wanna go

I am not IAAALLLAAAALLLA (although I think ALax needs to get him outta his ass).

the car is yours if you have a receipt of payment. apply for a new title in your state.

A

alax

no lo wanna go:
humor me, please, as I don't watch SNL anymore--who, or maybe what, is Pat?
IAAL can look up my identity anytime, as I am registered, and my first name will tell for sure if I'm male or female!
It doesn't matter to me if I'm considered mail or female; all I am on here is black type!

F

FKNA

Alax....for someone that recently became a member of this board, what gives you the impression that IAAL can look up your identity?

A

alax

well, I very possibly just proved the old axiom about the word 'assume'.
I assumed since IAAL is an attorney, and more likely than not, has access to the administrative part of this site, that he, and there again I assume 'he', could either look it up or have the system administrator look it up. gee, I'm just a genius, not perfect.

N

No lo gonna go

you freaks are soooo funny.

ALax, we don't give a **** that you take it anyway it cums.

A

alax

you are pathetic, and far below the mental age of anyone I play with. sorry, you'll have to play with yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">