• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suntzucsa

I know that Social Security is VOLUNTARY and once we apply for the SSN we become entitled to all government benefits. I just had a new baby and dont want to get him a SSN at this time...the hospital has advised this will be done automatically, without my signature or even seeing the application. How can this be done as I want my child to decide whether or not to get a SSN. I realize that my child will not be entitled to any government benefits and that is fine as I have made all provisions in the event of my death or if I become disabled...I also understand that I may have a problem claiming him on any tax return I may file..my point is simply this...it is my right to choose...not have the decision made for me/my child. I have read the sections in the Social Security Administration site and all I can find about my question is that one must file an application to recieve benefits...I dont want to make that decision for my child. With respect to future hassels(jobs,opening accounts,etc) is for me irrelevant..simply put, is it my right, yes or no, to not have a SSN assigned to my child..is their a site I can be directed too to assist with this question...I have also written the Social Security office
recently with this same question...Quite honestly, I dont expect them to respond...Please help..

regards

crager34

Show them this: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10023.html

According to the Social Security Administration, getting a Social Security number for your baby is strictly voluntary. You won't get a number unless you ask for one when you provide the information for your baby's birth certificate.

Question the authority and ask them to show you how they can do this? The only way to get a SSN is to make an application for, with a signature.

S

scottish2

I've got scanned copies of letters where the SSA tells you there is no law requiring you to have a SS# they then try and tell you you need one for taxes. Hello how is a SS# for income taxes involved with the SS? two separate issues yet you don't need one for SS yet you need one for taxes helloi something very fishy here. :confused: :confused: :confused:

HomeGuru

scottish2 said:
I've got scanned copies of letters where the SSA tells you there is no law requiring you to have a SS# they then try and tell you you need one for taxes. Hello how is a SS# for income taxes involved with the SS? two separate issues yet you don't need one for SS yet you need one for taxes helloi something very fishy here. :confused: :confused: :confused:
My response: it's been fishy for years and years. The system was set up like that on purpose to brainwash oops, confuse the general public.

HomeGuru

crager34 said:
Show them this: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10023.html

According to the Social Security Administration, getting a Social Security number for your baby is strictly voluntary. You won't get a number unless you ask for one when you provide the information for your baby's birth certificate.

Question the authority and ask them to show you how they can do this? The only way to get a SSN is to make an application for, with a signature.
My response: the hospitals apply as a quasi illegal attorney-in-fact for the parents.
In the writer's situation, a hand delivered demand letter to the hospital office requesting that the hospital not apply for the SS# would be sufficient.

S

scottish2

Income Taxes

Income taxes are the same way. To many issues remain unresolved and unanswered like how can the government violate the 4rth and 5th amendment and yet the courts side with the government? Think about it where is the warrant to see your finacial records? Where is your immunity from prosecution? Think about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">