• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

squatt

We are have a problem with a new furniture store that opened here in Nebraska.

We purchased a sofa and loveseat from them and were told that it was their policy that it is delivered in 30 days or it is free. This was said in front myself and 3 other people who were with me. It was not put in writing.

On day 32 we called to see where the furniture was at and were told that their sales staff were trained wrong and that they will not honor the 30-day or free policy. The furniture may still be 3 weeks out.

My question is do we have any grounds take this to small claims court?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

vrzirn

I doubt it. Large department stores frequently place ads that require retractions because price was in error-and their own ad agency fault. Do you really want to stick those nice people who just opened their store? Be nice and maybe they will throw in free pillow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">