• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going out of business..with your money!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flymfly

On August 21st, 2001 my wife joined a fitness facility. Three months later, on November 26th, she recieved a letter saying that they were closing their doors effective immediatly. The next paragraph reads, "Our most sincere regret is informing you that our scured creditors will undoubtedly absorb all of our corporate assets. There will be no funds available for reimbursement of you membership fees." Since my wife has paid a total of 1299.00 (before tax) on an 18 month contract and used 1/6th of their agreement we are plenty mad. The fitness center is a franchise and at this point in time I am unsure weather just this location is going out of business or the entire chain. There is no mention in the contract of closing other than they have a right to. I prorated the15 months she had lef and it seems to me that we are owed 1082.00. What in the world can I do? I plan on calling the corporate office today. I'm assuming I will get nowhere with them (yes, I plan on being polite). Any help would be appriciated. Thanks. -Keith

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">