• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped OFF!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

updike

I had a air conditioning/ heating repair man come out to fix our heater. He charged me $152 to replace the thermostat. When he left, the original problem still was not fixed. The company is sending another repair man out tonight to look at it again, and hopefully fix it this time. They said we would not be charged for another trip. However, when they find what is really wrong with the unit, and repair that- will they try to charge us for that? And if so, is that fair? Obviously we paid $152 for something that did not fix the problem. Should we be refunded that money? I don't know how to handle this.
To top it all off, the repair man stole a set of tools that my husband had left on the roof of the house a few days earlier :mad:
Any advice?

L

loku

If they charged you to replace a thermostat that did not need changing, they did not fix the problem, and their repair man stole your tools, then you are entitled to rescind the contract and get your $152 returned and also sue them for the value of the tool kit. The company is liable for the acts of its employees. In any case, if you can show that the thermostat was not also the problem, they are required to refund that money to you.

racer72

This might sound stupid but why would your husband leave tools on the roof and why would a furnace repairman have to go on the roof?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">