• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401(k)profit sharing and bonus plan payouts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harleyldy31

i live in delaware. i was part of a permanent layoff back in august with my company. i have money invested in an account called 401(k) profit sharing and bonus plan. i have transfered all of my funds from my 401(k) into another account. i still have over $10,000.00 in the plan called "bonus plan". i have contacted my company of distibuting this money to me since it is privately held stock in the company. the answer i got from this is "we only evalute this stock once a year and it will not be distributed until october of 2002 and it was just evalutade in september". since i am no longer employed by this company, is it legal for them to hold this money for an entire year since i was laid off in august and it has been evaluated since then?

racer72

Technically it is their money till it is distributed and they have the say when it can be distributed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">