• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! NOt actually starting a business but...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LoanOfficer

I am in Florida and I am looking in to being a loan officer from my home for a mortgage broker! Do I need a Mortgage Brokers Liscense to do so? I will have a copy of their liscense to do business in Florida. I AM an employee of the company, but will be originating and processing loans.

Please help me!!!!:confused:

L

loku

The following Florida statue applies. I suggest you see it yourself at http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0494/Sec006.htm.
Florida Statutes Title XXXIII Sec. 494.006 Exemptions.—(from requirement of having a license)
(1) None of the following persons are subject to the requirements of ss. 494.006-494.0077 in order to act as a mortgage lender or correspondent mortgage lender:
2)(a) A natural person employed by a mortgage lender licensed under ss. 494.001-494.0077 is exempt from the licensure requirements of ss. 494.001-494.0077 when acting within the scope of employment with the licensee.

L

LoanOfficer

Thanks So Much!

Thank you so much. I searched and searched for information in Florida Statutes and for some reason was unable to find exactly what you found!

I certainly appreciate your help!

I will have to tell others about this place!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">