• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pbarn

I live in Colorado and was arrested for an outstanding warrant
and pending DUI charges. They say I have not been charged yet,pending results of blood test. I took a breath test.
Apparently there was not enough alcohol to charge me,
however I had used pot earlier. Can they identify with a blood
test exacly when you used it last? If not can they charge you
with a dui if you had pot in your system but not enough alcohol to have a DUI? Also they did not issue a summons and complaint.
Is this mandatory and do I have to sign this?

H

Humble Warrior

If you didnt tell the cops about the pot,they most likely wont look for it. The tests are expensive to run,and they try to limit the scope of the test to speed things up.
If you did tell them,they will test for that too.Then YES, they know when you most likely smoked last by the nano-gram count in your blood. I.E. under 28ng you ate a lot of green veggies for dinner,over 28ng to 100ng you were in a car while friends smoked it,but you didnt. Anything over 100ng and you were an active smoker. Then depending on the count,they can guess as to when in the last 90 days, you were smoking.
The tests used to be good only for 28 to 30 days,this is no longer the case.......technology is a bitch sometimes!!
Compounding this with a warrent for past charges,and you are in a world of crap. I'm amazed that you are out on the streets.In my state,there is little, to no chance you would get released,when they arrested you with a warrent.
Yes they can nail you for a DUI while on pot. Driving Under the Influence.....you can get a DUI for prescripion drugs....Influence is the key word here.
As for signing anything.....there was no charge filed at the moment,what were they going to have you sign?

H

hannahc

So how good IS technology now?

Humble Warrior (cool handle, by the way):

I inhaled for the first time in years on Christmas Day. I read on an application that I'll have to take a pre-employment drug test. How long should I wait to apply?

Thanks.

HC

F

FKNA

hannahc...go to your local head shop and purchase a thc test kit. If you test positive wait a couple of weeks before testing yourself again. On the average pot is out of the system in 21 days. Now that's just an average. Many factors determine how quickly it will leave your system. One of which being how much you smoke, how often you smoke, etc.

If you wait two weeks from today to apply, by the time they get around to your application, sending you for testing, etc...enough time most likely would of passed by in order for you to pass the drug test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">