• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased motorcycle - not charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rockyroll

Virginia

In Aug. of 2000 my wife and I purchased a motorcycle along with 3 years maintenance from a dealer. At that time, we appled for and was approved for financing through a credit card co. Since the interest rate was very high we transferred funds to another credit card of ours that had a lower rate.

When we received our first bill it only showed the money that we transferred as a credit. On the second bill it showed the same. My wife called the creditor twice and was told they were not charged by the motorcycle shop and to call them. I called the shop and the person I talked to told me he would look into it and call me back. I never heard back from him. The creditor told us we could get our money back that was showing up as credit. Since we needed the money at the time we had them mail it to us.

Earlier this year we were mailed the title with our names on it. It's now Nov. of 2001 and just got a message from the motorcycle shop asking us to call them back. Also, we recently got a letter in the mail declining our application for credit for a purchase with the motorcylce shop from another creditor. It looks like the shop submitted our application to another creditor!

Here are our questions: Do we still owe the shop for the motorcycle after receiving the title and after purchasing it over a year ago?
Also, Can the motorcycle shop submit our information for credit to other creditors without our consent after so much time has gone by?
Since we elected to pay extra and include 3 years of maintenance to our purchase can they keep the bike if we bring it in for service?
Last question- If we do owe, how would we pay them back? My wife is not working and since we had so many credit cards that were not going down much when paying extra each month we had to go into default and give a debt consolidation co. power of attorney to settle with our creditors. So, our credit is not good enough to open a new credit card and we are having a hard enough time paying our bills now.

Please give some advice as to what to do. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">