• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false advertisement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rayj

This might sound trivial to some people but I bought some toothpaste based on the fact that the packaging showed the paste to be white. It in no way indicated the paste was colored blue. I think they showed the paste as white on purpose to deceive the consumer. Does anyone know whether this constitutes false advertisement?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I can't believe it !

I just bought the same tube as you did, and was wondering the very same thing !

This is incredible. Are we observant, or what ?

Just out of curiosity, I squeezed my tube until it was nearly 3/4 empty, and only then did the paste turn completely white !

I was shocked, I was chagrined. I feel completely emasculated !

I'm just . . . well, you know . . .

Gotta go brush my teeth.

IAAL

P.S. I got a joke for you . . .

Why is it called a toothbrush ?

Because it was invented in Kentucky !

vrzirn

You have to knead the entire tube before you squeeze it out. I think it really should come out striped.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vrzirn said:
You have to knead the entire tube before you squeeze it out. I think it really should come out striped.
My response:

Well, actually, no - - not this style of tube. You see, on this style, there are 4 mini holes that meet the toothbrush. When I cut my Crest tube open, I found two inner tubes (one blue stuff and the other white stuff) - - each tube connected to a pair of the 4 holes. (Truth be told, I've always wanted to do that).

Theoretically, if you squeeze the main tube evenly, then the two inner tubes will squeeze out equal parts blue and white. I can only theorize that our writer squeezed a little harder on the "white" inner tube, than on the "blue" inner tube side. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell.

IAAL

R

rayj

To vrzirn and the rest of you: you are all morons. You obviously do not have any relevant or legitimate legal advice for me. You can take your comments and shove them up your asses. I should have known better than to solicit FREE advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The only "moron" on this thread is you, Pal.

Just how serious did you really "think" any of us would be about a tube of toothpaste and your rediculous "concerns" ?

Anyone who would get "bent out of shape" over a tube of toothpaste, and the picture on the box, has got a little more problems then "toothpaste" going on.

Time for a straightjacket, eh?

IAAL

racer72

This subject received about a serious response you would have received in any legal forum, whether paid for or not. I would suggest you write to the nice folks at Crest (been using it for years and I am going to have a root canal this Tuesday) and I would be willing to guess they will answer your question. Probably even send you a coupon for a free tube.
My favorite toothbrush joke is the one about the couple that comes home from their honeymoon in Hawaii and take all their film in for devoping. One of the pictures is of a pair of butts with the business end their toothbrushes inserted into a body cavity. Where did you leave your toothbrush the last time you stayed in a hotel?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">