• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Cashed by Wrong Party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kingdom1063

I inadvertantly sent my rent check to my credit card company with the payment ticket. the check was made out to my landlord. the check was presented for payment by the credit card company and was accepted by my bank. Am i wrong or is something very wrong here. When i call the automated information line at my credit card it thanks me for my last payment of $1375.00. the amount of my rent. I am concerned about the security of both my checking account and my credit card if this type of disregard for protection of my funds is going on. What can i do?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

racer72

Send the check to your landlord next time. You made the mistake, neither your credit card company or bank are required to make sure you don't screw things up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">