• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outstanding Warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tony G

I may have an warrent on theft charges, but am not ready to take care of it. Can I renew my driver's license without being arrested? Can I file bankruptcy without being arrested? Thanks so much for the advice.

S

shollness

Yes, if this is a non traffic related warrant then the Dept Of Motor Vehicles should not have record of it.
I can only speak for Ca, I was in the same situation for a warrant on a petty theft charge. I didn't steal anything my niece did but she is a minor, so i got a ticket right along with her, probably for being mouthy to the cops, I didn't show up in court because i didn't feel i broke the law so i chose to ignore it. When i finally went to court oh about two years later, the case got dropped but i got lucky, since one thing a judge cannot tolerate is a failure to appear. The only other way they could possibly have record of it is if you appeared on the initial charge were handed a sentence, but failed to fulfill your obligation, maybe they can punish you by suspending your license, they are doing all kinds of different stuff these days i know they do this to men who fail to pay child support on a court order, the best thing to do is to call the dmv and ask them if there are any restrictions on your license.
P.S yes you can file Bankruptcy the Bankruptcy Attorney does not run a warrant check.

S

somebody

I'd like to know for sure, as well. I'm in Washington. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">