• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sabrefan93

i'm from ny got arrested in canada. what happens if i don't go to court?

Last edited:

H

Humble Warrior

Technically they could extradite you back to Canada. The first time you get a ticket for jay-walking in N.Y.,your going to jail until Canada comes to get you.
You could roll the dice,and I bet they really don't care enough to internationally extradite you,just dont even THINK about going into Canada for the rest of your natural existence on this planet.
The best advice I can give you is this:
Call up to Canada,and see what they want you to do. They would probably just tell you to come to court on a date in the future.By going back and facing them,they will have a lot more respect for you,and you'll probably just be told you cannot enter Canada as a driver for "x" amount of years,and let you go home.
By not doing any of the above,your going to spend the rest of your days worrying. That is harsher than any sentence the Canadian Gov't would give you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">