• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of written business contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary777

Wisconsin: I signed a contract for a job where I stated that I would work 3 consecutive 12 hour shifts in a row per week. I have not seen those 3 consecutive 12 hour shifts only twice in a month. Is this a breach of contract?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mary777 said:
Wisconsin: I signed a contract for a job where I stated that I would work 3 consecutive 12 hour shifts in a row per week. I have not seen those 3 consecutive 12 hour shifts only twice in a month. Is this a breach of contract?
My response:

Yes, but what's your remedy?

IAAL

M

mary777

remedy

Well, my remedy would be to quit...
Then would I be in breach of contract?
I'm very ignorant when it comes to law.
However, I do know that ignorance is no excuse.
Thanks!
Mary:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No, quitting would not be a "breach" since they have already breached your contract. Your remedy, first, would be to lodge a formal, written, complaint with the person with whom you made the contract - - placing them on "actual notice" of their breach, and demanding that the breach be cured.

Next, do the same thing by mail, but make sure you send it to the person by Certified Return Receipt Requested mail. Inform that person they have 5 days from the date of the letter to "cure" the breach, or you will quit.

If you're fired, then you'll have a remedy to sue for damages, based upon your contract term length. So, figure out what your term length is under the contract, and multiply that by your hourly wage.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">