• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract for Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snickerfoot

California
my husband went to purchase a truck. he was given a contract
which included gap ins, protective coating, payment for existing
car loan 1100.00 and 2000.00 trade in. he drove the truck for
two weeks and then was turned down for bad credit. they called and said that if I cosigned he could get the truck. they called us
and said that it was approved and to come in and sign the papers. we did, but we were told that the gap ins and coating was not a part of the contract but our payments would be 100.00 less, we signed. thirteen days later we get a call on Sunday asking us where our downpayment of 1000.00 is. we got the contract and found that there was 1000.00 written in the cash box and that the 2000.00 trade in was not on this contract, only the 1100.00 for the payoff of the other vehicle. we called the general manager and he had the finance guy call us back and say that we can have the original contract with the 3100.00 for payoff and tradein or we can choose the one we have now but we need to pay the 1000.00 dollars for the downpayment. is this legal.
can they do this. i know we should have read the contract the first time but did they do something wrong. can we walk away now. if it wasn't approved the first time, how can it be now. they are offering two completely different contracts.

Last edited:

S

snickerfoot

Is there anybody out there that can help me!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">