• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gateway contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twotimes

Dear Sir;
Two years ago I purchased a Computer from Gateway. The selling point on this computer was a “Trade in option program”. This program was intended to protect the value of my Computer; at that time was $3000.00. This program sold for $ 99.00. The contract stated that I could not use this “trade in option” to upgrade my computer for two years. I recently received a letter in the mail stating that I should take full advantage of my trade in option since my two-year period of waiting was up. I did just that. I rushed down to my local Gateway dealer and to my dismay I found out that my computer was only worth $85.00. I explained to the salesman that I had purchased the “trade in option” program. He replied that the program was offered to all gateway customers and that it was now free. He also stated that I should be happy with $85.00 since most people get nothing for theirs. I feel I was taken and would like to know if there is any legal action I can take.

John Strang
[email protected]
:mad:

Tiffmh

Unless it states more specifics in the agreement it really doesn't look like you do. Read all the fine print and Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">